I couldn't sleep so I've decided to reflect.
2011 has been an amazing year.
I have moved countries, explored Europe, met some fantastic people I know will now always be in my life, found out life is difficult, but on the flipside, that it can be beautiful.
I am so lucky to be where I am, and be happy. I haven't felt this kind of contentment in, I don't know how long.
My old home, albeit loved and full of fond memories and people I love, just wasn't the place for me right now. I felt flattened and exhausted. Surprisingly, moving to a bigger and busier city has given me with a new lease on life. I've waited for this feeling and was unsure it existed for me again. That's a bit of a dramatic ending to a sentence but I can't tell you just how true it felt.
London has been a godsend for me. It was hard for the first couple of months but I'm lucky to have so many amazing people in my life, near and far (only geographically of course) that helped me and supported me and kept me motivated. For those people are the people that get me out of bed every day. Knowing they are in my lives, now and forever, is THE BEST feeling.
I love you all, you have no idea how much.
I'm excited for what 2012 has in hold for me, for us all. I've made a small list of what I'd like to achieve in this year. I hope you've made a list too. I rarely make life-binding ones (I think I'm lazing) so this is a bit commited for me. Here goes nothing...!
- I WILL NOT be so connected to my phone/facebook
- I will love who loves me, fully
- I will be grateful for something, every day
- I will travel to Portugal, Paris & Croatia (at the very least)
- I will email my family at least once a week
- I will exercise
- I will stop making excuses
- I will be okay with my body and not beat myself up about it
- I will accept that London will sometimes be hard but know I'll get through it
- I will be the best person I can be, every day, and make the best decisions for me and my loved ones, every day
- I will do something in my career this year I am proud of
- I WILL NOT let negativity get in the way
Now share yours xxx