Monday, February 28, 2011

I want to jump in the sea

I'm aching for the ocean today.

Spending the weekend with my girls (more on them later) has left me with that salty taste in my mouth that I can't get enough of.

I suppose it could have something to do with my itchy feet and not having had a proper holiday in close to two years, away from home that is. I broke a bone in one of my hoofs last time. It was a 3 week holiday that turned into a one week whirlwind that was swiftly ended once I crushed my fourth metatarsel on some marble in Santorini in Greece. This was shortly followed by a two week stint of drugs, chocolate, couch-lounging and stair-hopping in a friend's abode in Southern England.

Summation: I NEED A HOLIDAY.

Well, I'm getting one, in July this year. I'm taking off for a few months to Europe. It's now March and I have nada planned, only my flight over. Nothing else is booked. I need to get onto that pronto. I get so overwhelmed when I look at places. I am not an avid traveller, or planner for that matter. Once I'm there I'm fine but I kind of need someone to come up with an itinerary for me.

I'm going to have to be a big girl and try and get my sh!t together so I can maximise my play time.

Currently on my initial holiday list:
Spain - Benicassim festival
Italy
Portugal

Croatia
Amsterdam

I don't know what else to put on the list yet. I'm intent on trawling whatever beaches I can find and lazing with cocktails. That is my idea of a holiday. I don't think this will sustain me for a month however.

We'll see what I can come up with. I'm giving myself a three week deadline. I have to move in the next fortnight and that's currently consuming me.

No comments:

Post a Comment